Under the direction of the Chief of Campus Facility Operations, campus maintenance personnel are responsible for the repair and upkeep of the college physical plant and facilities performing a variety of architectural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and maintenance assignments. This employee is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment.
1. Operates and maintains air handlers, unit ventilators, and other HVAC equipment
2. Operates and maintains chillers, cooling towers, chilled water pumping systems, and refrigeration equipment.
3. Operates and maintains boilers, heat exchangers, heating water pumping systems and related equipment.
4. Tests water properties and treats closed loop systems and cooling towers with water treatment chemicals.
5. Repairs plumbing, lighting, electrical, and door hardware.
6. Maintains compliance with fire regulations and OSHA requirements.
7. Utilizes building automation / DDC system to operate equipment efficiently.
8. Assists in construction and renovation of buildings.
9. Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment.
10. Performs all other related maintenance and repair duties as assigned.
11. Welds or brazes when required.
Education: High School graduation or equivalent (GED) required.
Experience: Must have seven (7) years documented, directly related work experience.
Licenses: High Pressure Boiler Operator's license or Stationary Engineer license required.
Current valid driver’s license required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to perform repairs on a wide variety of plumbing, lighting, electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment efficiently.
- Ability to maintain appropriate safety standards.
- Ability to direct others.
- Ability to weld to the satisfaction of the supervisor or have successfully completed an Oakland Community College credit welding course.
All applicants must fill out and "submit" the on-line application form, and then upload a cover letter, current resume and copies of all relevant transcripts as listed in the minimum requirements.
A copy of the high pressure boiler operator or stationary engineer license must also be included.
All information requested above must be submitted in order to be considered for this position.