Perform clerical and technical duties that require a practical knowledge of library operations in order to support the college’s library center. The employee is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment.
1. Provide circulation, interlibrary loan, and reserve desk services to on-campus and remote users. Assist students and faculty in locating library materials and provide assistance for use of systems and equipment (e.g. courseware, online interlibrary loan, DVD, video players, scanners, photocopiers). Make appropriate referrals and collect fines as needed.
2. Input and update online circulation, reserve, and interlibrary loan records following a standard format.
3. Verify interlibrary loan requests and locate local holding libraries. Maintain accurate files and statistics.
4. Maintain loose-leaf services. Collect, prepare and process library materials for the bindery. Review damaged library materials and handle basic repairs.
5. Check-in serials in all formats on the integrated library system (ILS). Generate claim reports. Generate reports and circulation notices from the ILS and auxiliary applications and distribute as needed.
6. Prepare and maintain library materials for correct shelving order, circulation and resolve shelving conflicts and errors. Assist with inventory projects.
7. Provide clerical support as needed for the Library, including ordering supplies and library materials, reporting and tracking equipment problems, and scheduling and billing for library services.
8. Order supplies and equipment with appropriate approval.
9. Operate office equipment, e.g. photocopier, calculator, telephone, computer, and any other equipment utilized by the college. Maintain and clean equipment.
10. Train and direct college student personnel with appropriate approval.
11. Perform related tasks as assigned.
• High School graduation or equivalent
• Successful completion of Clerical Skills Battery (Language Arts, Math and Microsoft Office – Word and Excel)*
• Computer keyboard proficiency: 35wpm REQUIRED*
• Successful completion of six (6) college credits in Library Science
• One (1) year experience in a library setting
*Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications will be notified, by e-mail, of testing dates and times after the position deadline has passed.
All applicants must fill out and "submit" the on-line application form, and then upload a cover letter, current resume and copies of all relevant transcripts as listed in the minimum requirements.
All information requested above must be submitted in order to be considered for this position.